Latihan Penilaian Akhir Semester Ganjil Kelas 7 SMP - Bahasa Inggris (PAS Ganjil Bahasa Inggris) Beserta Kuncinya

Latihan Penilaian Akhir Semester Ganjil Kelas 7 SMP - Bahasa Inggris (PAS Ganjil Bahasa Inggris) Beserta Kuncinya

Photo by Ben Mullins on Unsplash


The following text is


for the question 1-3.


David Edward


My name is David Edward, people call me Edward. I am from England, but I have moved to Indonesia last year. I love Indonesian food, such as fried rice, satay, and meatballs. Also, I like visiting food festivals here because I can find a lot of Indonesian foods which are very tasty.

My hobby is playing football. Actually, I have loved football since I was six years old. I play football with my Indonesian friends every Sunday in the afternoon. They're so nice and friendly.

My other hobby is travelling. I like to travel to some good places in Indonesia. There are lots of wonderful places that can be visited. My life becomes more colourful by travelling.


1. What is the topic of the text above?

a. Telling the kind of Indonesian food

b. Explaining about Indonesian food

c. Describing Edward's life

d. Conveying Edward's hobby


2. How does he make his life interesting?

a. by playing football

b. by visiting food festival

c. by travelling

d. by eating Indonesian food


3. "... I can find a lot of Indonesian foods ...". What is the synonym of the italic word?

a. many

b. several

c. a number of

d. plenty of


The following text is for the question 4.

My Father

I'm Tommy Beckham and my father calls me Tom. I have a great father. His name's Peter Beckham, people call him Peter. He's a lecturer at a university in London. He's brilliant at physics. He knows about almost everything, just like Google. He helps me review my lessons every night before I go to bed. I want to be like my father someday.

4. The statements below are true based on the text, except ... .

a. Tommy's father is smart.

b. Peter works at a university.

c. Tommy gets help from hi father to review his lessons

d. Peter is a rude man.


The following text is for the question 5-7.

My Mother

My mother's name is Elizabeth Goulding. She's a very kind and gentle woman. She's tall and she has brown eyes. Her hair is blonde and long. She always wakes me up early and prepares breakfast for the family. Then she drives me to school. She also helps me with my homework. I often help my mother with the chores, it makes her happy.

In the evening, She usually has a cup of tea while reading the newspaper. She doesn't like watching TV.

5. What does Mrs. Goulding do?

a. a housewife

b. a teacher

c. a driver

d. a chef


6. Who takes the writer to school?

a. her father

b. her brother

c. her mother

d. no one


7. "She's a very kind and gentle woman." The closest meaning of the underlined word is ... .

a. polite

b. humble

c. thrifty

d.. caring


Jawaban

1. C

2. C

3. D

4. D

5. A

6. B

7. D

Comments